By David Haig
Directed by John Dove
A co-production with Chichester Festival Theatre
June 1944. One man's decision is about to change the course of history.
An intense real-life thriller centred around the most important weather forecast in the history of warfare.
Scottish meteorologist, Group Captain James Stagg, the son of a Dalkeith plumber, must advise General Eisenhower on when to give the order to send thousands of waiting troops across the Channel in Operation Overlord.
In what became the most volatile period in the British Isles for over 100 years, the future of Britain, Europe and our relationship with the United States, rested on the shoulders of one reluctant Scotsman.
Pressure is the extraordinary and little known story of a Scot who changed the course of war, and our lives, forever.
David Haig is a four time nominee and Olivier Award winning actor best known for his roles in the film Four Weddings and a Funeral , TV series The Thin Blue Line and stage production The Madness of King George III (National Theatre). He is also an award winning playwright. He wrote, and starred alongside Daniel Radcliffe in My Boy Jack - which was made into a TV drama for Granada in 2007.
Recommended for ages 12+
On sale now!
Thursday 1 May, 7.45pm (Preview)
Friday 2 May, 7.45pm (Preview)
Saturday 3 May, 7.45pm (Preview)
Monday 5 May, 7.45pm (Preview)
- Tuesday to Saturday, 7.45pm
- Wednesdays and Saturdays, 2.30pm
• Evenings: Every Tuesday to Saturday during run at 7.45pm £14 - £27.50
• Matinees: Every Wednesday and Saturday during run at 2.30pm £12 - £22
• Concessions available for under 18s, over 60s, students, unemployed, people with disabilities (Excludes Premium Seats)
• Discounts available for groups (8+)
• Previews, all seats £10 (unreserved seating, no concessions)
• £1 transaction fee applies per booking
Programmes: £3/£2.50 Lyceum Season Ticket Holders